I wanted to mix things up a little this week (literally!) with a fun, no-bake recipe that’s so easy to make!
I’m loving creating videos on wellness and mindset – but sometimes, you just need a yummy, better-for-you treat, that’s satisfying and nutritious.
These husband-approved bars (see his hand sneaking in to grab one at the end!) are super-tasty, “the perfect balance of salty and sweet”, per said-husband, and a snap to whip up.
They’re a great replacement for store-bought granola bars that tend to have junky or questionable ingredients – plus, you can easily swap out the nut butter, pecans, or even the shredded coconut with other nuts/seeds you prefer.
Let me know in the comments: are *you* going to try these this week? 🙋♀️🙋♂️
FIRST UP | The Video
NEXT UP | The Recipe: Chocolate-Coated Pecan Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Chill Time: 60 minutes | Yield: 8 bars
Serving Size: 1 bar | Fat: 20.6g | Carbs: 23.4g | Fiber: 4.8g | Net Carbs: 18.6g | Protein: 6.4g
For the Bars:
• 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
• 1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup creamy, salted peanut butter
• 3 tablespoons collagen peptides
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Scant 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
For the Chocolate Coating
• 1, 3.5 ounce dark chocolate bar (73% or higher)
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate and coconut oil) to a food processor.
- Pulse 5-10 times, until mixture sticks together.
- Press mixture into 8×8 greased baking pan, one that has a little give, such that you can push on the bottom of the pan to loosen what’s inside of it. Alternatively, line the pan with parchment paper.
- Using whatever method you prefer (double-boiler, microwave, nonstick pan over low heat), melt chocolate together with the coconut oil, and whisk to combine.
- Pour melted chocolate over contents of the baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Using a kitchen knife, carefully go along the edges of the pan to loosen.
- Turn the chilled contents of the pan out onto a cutting board, chocolate side-down.
- With a large knife, carefully cut into 8 equal-sized bars (or 16 smaller squares).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
Note: These are great whether cut into 8 bars, or 16 squares. Nutrition info calculated via nutritiondata.self.com.
Notice of Disclosure: Amanda Behrens / Real Food Store Tours, LLC is a member of the Amazon Associates affiliate program, as well as an affiliate of Kasandrinos, LLC. As such, please note that if you purchase an item via a link from this page, I may receive a small commission on your purchase, which helps support the work I do. Thanks in advance for your purchase!